Testing Booster plugin for JIRA brings the power of the Recorder into JIRA.
Here are the main features of Testing Booster for JIRA:
- Record issues footprints from JIRA using workflow functions.
- Test campaign indicators for your dashboard.
- JIRA 5.0 or higher
- Recorder installed and configured.
The installation of the plugin could be done easily through the Universal Plugin Manager
- Go to
Administration > Universal Plugin Manager
- Click on
- Click on
- You're done!
- Go to
Administration page(you need to be connected as an administrator).
- Click on
Plugins > Testing Booster Settings.
- Fill in your credentials.
Test Advisor Cockpit credentials
- The Test Advisor Cockpit URL
- The System user login or your e-mail
- System user password or yours. If you forgot the password, you could ask a new one on the Test Advisor Cockpit.
- For each JIRA project that you want to test.
- Enter the URL of the Recorder used to test this project.
Customising the Dashboard with Testing Booster gadget
The plugin contains a gadget that integrate a set of indicators into your Dashboards:
- Status of the current test campaign
- Global code coverage chart
- Modifications code coverage chart
- Code coverage evolution during the test campaign
To add the gadget
Testing Booster to your dashboard follow this procedure: Adding a Gadget.
Once on the dashboard, you can configure the gadget to display the indicator that you need.
- Display indicator for the configured project.
- Type of indicator (Status of the current test campaign, Global code coverage chart, Modifications code coverage chart, Code coverage evolution during the test campaign)
Record test footprints straight from JIRA
When JIRA is used as a test case management solution, it's cumbersome to switch back and forth between JIRA and the Recorder to start and stop each test. The plugin allows to automatically start and stop the footprints recording on the Recorder directly from JIRA.
The plugin offers two post functions that can be executed anytime in a workflow:
Start Test on Recorder
This function starts a new test on the Recorder using the issue key as code and the issue summary as label.
Stop Test on Recorder
This function stops the test on the Recorder. This function takes a parameter, the test status: Success, Failure, Cancelled.
The plugin also provides a condition to check if the Recorder is available.
Customize your workflow
To add the post functions to one of your workflow, you can follow the procedure: Adding a post function
To add the condition to one of your workflow, you can follow the procedure: Adding a condition
Import the sample workflow
Start Testfunction is executed during the Start transition.
Stop Testfunction is executed with the status Success during the Pass transition.
Stop Testfunction is executed with the status Failure during the Fail transition.
Stop Testfunction is executed with the status Cancelled during the Can't test transition.
Start Testfunction is executed during Restart transitions.